I showed you our den and dining rooms earlier this week, and you saw the completed media center.
Last I left you here, she looked like this:
She was missing her pulls. My plan was to spray paint them, but it had just been too cold for that. However, we finally got one 60 degree day that I was able to get them painted. I started by poking holes in a box so that the pulls would stand up. Then I used Rust-Oleum Universal Metallic Paint & Primer In One in Oil Rubbed Bronze.
Then, for the first coat, I had the handles pulled up (the picture below is after the first coat of paint, you can see the top row is how I sprayed them and they are covered. The bottom row shows the handle pulled down, and that side is not yet covered).
For the second coat, I sprayed with the handles pulled down.
After allowing to fully dry, I then reattached them.
Another thing I wanted to address was the Wii that used to sit on top of the dresser.
It was very noticeable, and I wanted it hidden so The Husband made me a secret door. He started by cutting the front of the drawer off with a table saw. We then attached hinges to the bottom of the drawer and the drawer front.
To account for the cords, he drilled a large hole in the backing of the dresser and thru the back of the drawer.
Now we can easily flip the door down to use the Wii; and when not in use, it is hidden out of the way.
It is hard to believe that just less than two weeks ago I had a 60 degree day to get the pulls painted. This is our backyard today:
And what is one to do when she has two little girls who refuse to go potty in the snow – well it is to talk The Husband into building them a snow fort.
The girls and I are ready for 60 degree days to come and stay!